on All-American. Smarts fifth 3-pointer lifted

Informacje zwiÄ…zane z rozwojem serwisu Portal-GSM.

on All-American. Smarts fifth 3-pointer lifted

Postautor: xsw96 » 08 kwie 2018, 12:05

CLEVELAND -- Justin Masterson pitched neatly into the eighth inning and the Cleveland Indians beat the White Sox 2-0 Saturday night in a game highlighted by Chicago rookie Jose Abreus snazzy glove toss. Abreu, who leads the majors in homers and RBIs, struck out with two runners on base to end the eighth. Earlier, the Cuban first baseman made the play of the day. Abreu fielded Lonnie Chisenhalls grounder in the sixth and, unable to get the ball out of his mitt, flipped the glove about 10 feet to pitcher Scott Carroll covering the bag for the out. Masterson (1-1) held the ALs highest-scoring offence in check, allowing four hits and striking out six in his seventh start of the season. The right-hander won for the first time since last Aug. 21. Cody Allen struck out Abreu in the eighth. John Axford pitched the ninth for his ninth save, sending Chicago to its fourth straight loss. Cleveland centre fielder Michael Bourn left in the fourth because of tightness in his left hamstring. He strained the same hamstring in spring training and began the season on the disabled list. Indians designated hitter Jason Giambi left the game in the sixth with a cramp in his right calf. Errors by third baseman Marcus Semien and catcher Tyler Flowers made both of Clevelands runs unearned. The Indians also made two errors. Nick Swisher had a sacrifice fly in the sixth for the Indians, who have won two in a row after breaking a six-game losing streak. Carroll (1-1) didnt allow an earned run in six innings in his second major league start. Semiens dropped popup handed the Indians a run in the second. Semien drifted under a ball near the mound hit by David Murphy with two outs, but it fell out of his glove and Chisenhall scored from third. Chisenhall started the inning with a double. Cleveland got another gift in the fifth. Flowers fielded Jose Ramirezs bunt, but threw wildly to first. Ramirez was credited with a hit and took second on the error. Mike Aviles sacrifice moved Ramirez to third and Swishers fly ball made it 2-0. Chisenhalls throwing error led to a Chicago threat in the fifth. A walk and a hit batter loaded the bases with one out, but Swisher made a diving grab of Semiens line drive and doubled Flowers off first. Masterson also pitched around shortstop Asdrubal Cabreras fielding error in the third. Alexei Ramirez, the leading hitter in the AL, was hitless in four at-bats. NOTES: The Indians placed C Yan Gomes on the paternity list. Wife Jenna gave birth to the couples first child Saturday morning. Carlos Santana started behind the plate for the sixth time this season. ... The White Sox put OF Adam Eaton on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right hamstring. Jordan Danks started in centre field while Alejandro De Aza batted in Eatons leadoff spot. ... NOTES: Indians manager Terry Francona said RHP Josh Tomlin will be called up from Triple-A Columbus to start Tuesdays game against Minnesota. Trent Murphy Jersey . Anderson is scheduled to have neck surgery April 8 to repair the injury, which occurred when he collided with the Celtics Gerald Wallace during a game in Boston on Jan. 3. The 6-foot-10 Pelicans forward, who had been averaging 19. Tress Way Jersey . -- The anointed starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders is strengthening his hold on the position this training camp instead of losing it. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/D- ... ns-Jersey/. Smiths former Atlanta teammates were glad to hang on for an ugly win. Sammy Baugh Jersey . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Brian Quick Jersey . The 36-year-old said a few months ago he would hang up his boots at the end of the season, but has since changed his mind. "Its a pity the season is ending now, as I am in good physical shape and enjoying myself," Di Natale said.KAPALUA, Hawaii -- On the golf course with the widest fairways on the PGA Tour, Zach Johnson believes that keeping the ball in the short grass is key to success. On a course that favours power players because the par 5s can be reached in two, Johnson didnt make birdie on any of them Saturday. Stranger still is that he matched the best score of the day and had a three-shot lead in the Tournament of Champions. The only explanation is that Johnson is playing some pretty good golf. "Am I surprised? No. Its only two days, so its halfway done for me," Johnson said after his 7-under 66 gave him a three-shot lead. "Im very comfortable as a competitor. One of my goals every year is those par 5s, and Im a little bitter about that right now. But Ill get over it." Defending champion Dustin Johnson birdied half of the holes at Kapalua for a 66 and was three shots behind, along with Matt Kuchar (68) and Jordan Spieth (70). Zach Johnson was at 13-under 133. Dustin Johnson approaches the Plantation Course differently. He birdied all the par 5s with his length, and only fell back with a pair of bogeys on the back nine when he missed short putts. Even so, he was in good position heading into the final two rounds of a tournament that ends Monday. "This golf course sets up well for me," Dustin Johnson said. "I can reach all the par 5s, and theres a few short holes where you can drive it up close to the green. So if I chip and it and putt it well, Im going to shoot a good score pretty much every time." So what does Zach Johnson make of that outlook? "I would say Im up by three gross, and by eight or nine net, based on that rationale," he said. Clearly, theres more than one way to get around a course built on a side of the mountain on the west end of Maui. Kuchar had his second straight round of 68 with some good birdies and a few bogeys. Spieth had said he shouldnt make too many bogeys on this course if he kept it in play, though he made one on No. 7 to lose some momentum. Even so, the 20-year-old Texan had few complaints after his opening two rounds of a new year. Webb Simpson and Michael Thompson, part of a four-way tie for the lead after the opening round, each had a 71 and were four shots behind. Masters champion Adam Scott, who can geet within range of No.dddddddddddd 1 in the world depending on his two weeks in Hawaii, had a 70 and was seven shots behind. The Australian was in dire need to a low round to at least have chance going into Monday. Zach Johnson is going after his second straight win. The last one was unofficial, yet no less memorable. Johnson was four shots behind Tiger Woods in the World Challenge on the back nine and rallied to catch him, holed out from the drop zone on the 18th hole to force a playoff and then won on the first extra hole. Except for his Masters win in 2007, it might be the most famous of his 11 victories worldwide. "When youre talking about a guy thats done what hes done and raised the bar, any time you beat him -- especially if youre playing with him and come back from four shots with eight holes to go, its going to happen. So I can deal with that." Dustin Johnson has the power that is suited for Kapalua, and even though he had to withdraw from the pro-am with a sore neck, he appears to be hitting his stride. He twice had a batch of three straight birdies on the front nine to go out in 30 and claim a share of the lead, and even after missing the short putts on the 11th and 13th, he made three more birdies in the final five holes. Two of them were par 5s. Both times he had a look at eagle, missing from 20 feet on No. 15 and becoming the first player all week to reach the 689-yard, downhill closing hole in two shots. He two-putted from about 35 feet for one last birdie. That could be attributed to a slightly more typical trade wind, though Johnson still had to give it two pretty good pops with a driver and a 3-wood. The course played about a stroke harder than the opening round. Zach Johnson is starting his 11th year on the PGA Tour. He has won a major (Woods tied for second), played on three Ryder Cup teams and knows his limitation. He said while in awe of what Woods can do, he is past the stage of intimidation. And the same goes for Dustin Johnson. "Ive played with him a number of times, too," Zach Johnson said. "I like watching him hit driver. Hes not a whole lot different than a lot of the other guys I play with because they all hit it a lot further than me it seems like. ... I dont know. Dustin does not intimidate me." Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys 2018 ' ' '
xsw96

Model telefonu: 17847938657
Operator: vvvb

Wróć do Portal-GSM