losing record (16-23-9) since

Informacje zwiÄ…zane z rozwojem serwisu Portal-GSM.

losing record (16-23-9) since

Postautor: xsw96 » 09 kwie 2018, 10:31

INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts general manager Ryan Grigson is sticking to the plan. He wants to find more competition through the draft and free agency -- and thats not changing simply because team owner Jim Irsay isnt around. At the team complex, Grigson said its been pretty much business-as-usual since Irsay was arrested Sunday night following a traffic stop. He faces preliminary charges of misdemeanour driving while intoxicated and four felony counts of possession of a controlled substance. "He leaves the football stuff to me. He trusts me. Thats what he hired me to do," Grigson said during Fridays conference call with local reporters, his first public comments since the arrest. "If theres something major, a transaction thats going to go down, or I need to use his plane in free agency, or if theres something I need to lean on him about in terms of using his football knowledge, from my benefit and the clubs benefit, then I reach out to him." Normally, in mid-March, Irsay, who once served as the Colts GM, is involved with draft preparation and signs off on any major deals. Its a lot different right now. On Tuesday, Irsays family issued a statement saying he had voluntarily checked himself into a treatment facility. The move comes more than a decade ago after Irsay acknowledged a painkiller dependency. Its unclear when Irsay will return to run the team. If Irsay is charged and convicted on the felonies, he could face six months to three years in prison on each one. Irsay also could be fined or suspended by the NFL. But its not as if Grigson doesnt have help. He usually consults with coach Chuck Pagano before making decisions and one of Irsays daughters, Carlie, also is filling in while her father is out. "Basically, Carlie is just in place of Jim, for right now," Grigson said. "Hes never been a micro manager, never has meddled or anything like that. He leaves football decisions up to myself and the head coach. Hes really been great in that respect. Carlie is going to be in his place while hes recovering." With or without Irsay, Grigson likes the direction Indianapolis is going. Before the free-agent market opened March 11, Grigson devoted much of his time trying to work out deals with his own players. Eventually, he re-signed a handful of players including punter Pat McAfee, kicker Adam Vinatieri, running back Ahmad Bradshaw and cornerback Vontae Davis. He also dipped into the free-agent pool and plucked linebacker DQwell Jackson, defensive lineman Arthur Jones, receiver Hakeem Nicks and centre Phil Costa. Grigson may not be finished, either. Last year, he nabbed receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey in April and Bradshaw in June -- a scenario that could be in play again. "We feel real good where we are at right now," Grigson said. "Of course, we are going to look toward the draft, but you never say never. We are always trying to get better." On the field, the big questions primarily surround Indys injured players. Grigson said the rehab process is on schedule for starting guard Donald Thomas (quad) and running back Vick Ballard (knee). The team has already said starting tight end Dwayne Allen (hip) is healthy, too. What about perennial Pro Bowl receiver Reggie Wayne, who tore the ACL in his right knee in October? "Reggie is just one guy we dont have to worry about," Grigson said. "Hes kind of like that Jerry Rice type mindset. He just doesnt stop working and hes so determined. I really dont worry about him and I know Chuck doesnt. I feel like hell be ready to roll." Grigson hopes thats the case with Irsay, too. "Everyone in the building loves the man," Grigson said. "We all would run through a brick wall for him. We all just really wish him a full and complete recovery and we are all really pulling for him." John Starks Jersey .C. -- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is resigning after 13 seasons at the school. Joakim Noah Jersey . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. http://www.nbaknicksauthority.com/mark- ... rsey-c-15/. Thaddeus Young scored seven of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, Evan Turner added 22 points, and the 76ers hung on for their first road win since Nov. 1, beating the depleted Los Angeles Lakers 111-104 on Sunday night. New York Knicks Jerseys . -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Tracy McGrady Jersey .ca. Kerry, I hope you address Ron MacLeans comment during the second intermission of Game 4 in Montreal-Tampa series. Basically, he suggested that the NHL should not have used a referee from Quebec, following the Game 3 disputed non-goal, because the referee could be biased towards Montreal.NASHVILLE -- General manager David Poile hopes he sent the strongest message possible by making the first coaching change in Nashvilles history: missing the playoffs is not acceptable for the Predators. Poile announced Monday that Barry Trotz, the NHLs longest tenured head coach with one team, would not be back for a 16th season after the Predators missed the post-season for a second straight year. A few hours later, Poile said at a news conference a few hours later that wont get it done. "This is a wakeup call for everybody in our organization," Poile said. "Its a wakeup call for me. Get out of your comfort zone. Its going to be different here. Theres going to be a new coach in charge. ... Its going to be a difference voice and its going to be a different direction. And hopefully ... the foundation Barrys presented here for the next coach will take us to a higher level." Trotzs contract expires June 30, and the Predators offered him a job in their hockey operations department. The two-time Jack Adams finalist made it clear in a very emotional news conference before Poile spoke that he appreciated the offer but wants to keep coaching. "I love Nashville, but now Im going to have to beat you," Trotz said with a smile. Poile refused to put a timetable on hiring a new coach or what type coach he wants. This will be his first search since hiring Trotz in August 1997 when the Predators were gearing up for the expansion franchises debut season in 1998-99. Trotz said he had not been contacted by any other teams when he spoke to reporters, but Poile said he will let the coach out of his contract instantly for another coaching job. Predators captain Shea Weber said the only NHL coach hes ever played for wont be out of a job long. "His resume speaks for itself," Weber said. Still, missing the playoffs for consecutive seasons for the first time since 2001-02 and 2002-03 was too much for a franchise that needs to reach the post-season to sell tickets and generate crucial revenue. "We didnt win this year, we didnt win last year," Trotz said. "Theres no excuse. I expect us to be in the playoffs, the Nashville Predators expect us to be in the playoffs.dddddddddddd We didnt make it this year, so Im good with it." Trotz said losing goaltender Pekka Rinne, a two-time Vezina Trophy finalist, for 51 games to an E. coli infection in his surgically repaired left hip "blew a hole" through the Predators this season. Poile said having a healthy Rinne or even two more shootout wins after going 2-9 would have gotten Nashville into the playoffs. Poile said that would have at least delayed this coaching change. But the general manager noted that hes been thinking about needed changes since the Predators missed what both he and Trotz thought was their best chance at a Stanley Cup in 2011-12. That team lost 4-1 to Phoenix in the Western Conference semifinals. Trotz coached 1,196 games with Nashville, second only to Greg Popovich of the NBAs San Antonio Spurs for longest active coaching tenure in the four major sports. He is the only NHL coach to take his team to the playoffs in seven of eight seasons between 2003-04 and 2011-12, which included two conference semifinals. He was 19-31 in the post-season. But the Predators have been in transition since losing defenceman Ryan Suter to Minnesota as a free agent in July 2012 and matching a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet to keep Weber. Poile said hes been rebuilding the Predators "on the fly" over the past year. He said upcoming changes will not include Weber, who will remain with the Predators. With the lockout shortening the season, the Predators posted their first losing record (16-23-9) since 2002-03. Nashville spent more than $36 million on five free agents last July. Goalie Carter Hutton did post 20 wins in Rinnes absence, but the rest of the spending spree didnt produce the offence they wanted. With Rinnes hip keeping him sidelined, they finished 10th in the West going 38-32-12 with 88 points. "In the end, its our fault he got fired," said forward Patric Hornqvist, "and obviously thats a huge responsibility for us and we have to be better next year." Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
xsw96

Model telefonu: 17847938657
Operator: vvvb

Wróć do Portal-GSM